Sunday, June 22, 2008

workshop info...

Well, we had another successful food storage workshop! We were all inspired to plant, can and store food. As promised, I am updating the blog with info from the workshop.

To view the amazing Mountain House products, visit www.thereadystore.com. Then, compare the products with the workshop price list (which is cheaper than the website pricing-you can get a copy of the current pricing by e-mailing me at jewelcharm@hotmail.com). The due date for Mountain House orders is this Saturday, July 28th.

The Milk Orders get placed on Tuesday the 24th. The shelf-safe milk is exactly like 'real' milk except for the fact that it was processed at a higher temperature and all the bacteria has been killed. It has the same nutritional value, vitamin D, calorie count, taste (very important), AND it's hormone free!!! You can also check out Anna and Becki's blog at www.rugettingprepared.blogspot.com to find out more info on the shelf stable milk, as well as info regarding wheat grinders, sun ovens and more!

You can check out the awesome box gardens at www.boxgardensandmore.com to learn about how you can purchase a pre-fabricated box garden that is delivered to your doorstep! They provide an easy and fun way to grow your own food, weed free! I think we were all inspired to begin gardening. John Chapman (master gardener) quoted President Kimball regarding how the day will come when we will not be able to buy food at any price. Yikes!

So, let's start preparing so we can all enjoy peace of mind!

4 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

Have you canned potatoes? I would like to get some from that farm out in Queen Creek to try.

Mindy said...

drama mama, I have not canned potatoes yet, but as soon as I get my new canner, you can bet that I will be canning some! So, if you try it, let us know how it turns out. Otherwise, I will try to post sometime in the next few weeks after I have had a chance to try it out. :)

Amber said...

Hi! I just got back from a trip and realized I missed the milk order!! When will you be ordering more?

Amber

Mindy said...

Amber,
Just check out Anna's blog (www.rugettingprepared.blogspot.com) as she places orders monthly.