Monday, December 1, 2008

Crescent Roll Recipe

I have the yummiest recipe ever and since it uses food storage items, I thought I would share it here:

1 1/2 c. scalded milk
1/2 cup butter (I use frozen butter if you have it)
2 pkg dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
1 tsp sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp salt
4-6 c. of flour

In small saucepan, scald milk. You know it is scalded when it starts to get frothy around the edges, but is not yet boiling. Remove from heat. Add butter. Set aside. In mixer (kitchenaid or bosch) mix yeast, warm water and 1 tsp sugar. Set aside to proof. Once milk mixture is lukewarm, add remaining sugar and salt. Pour milk mixture into the yeast mixture. Add flour gradually while mixing. Once dough is pulling away from the sides of the mixer, cover with towel and set aside to rise. Once dough has doubled in size, punch it down. Divide it into halves. Roll each section into a circle, cut into triangles using a pizza cutter. Roll and place on greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise again (half hour to hour). Bake @ 375 until lightly browned on top. Yummy!

4 comments:

Keri said...

I am confused. Do I nead it at all in my bosch like I do my bread.

Madam Chow said...

What is "one cube" of butter? Is that 4 ounces?

Mindy said...

Yes Keri. It is essentially a white bread recipe. I make it into cinnamon rolls, crescent rolls, bread, etc.

Unknown said...

You haven't posted anything in awhile. I would love to hear more recipes, tips and ideas!